Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back Pack Vacuums - how to test vs uprights.

There is all kinds of test literature telling us that back pack vacuums, besides being faster, also do a better job of lifting soil from carpets than upright vacuums in commercial cleaning environments.

Noone believes it - no beater bar ! - can't be true !

Including my janitorial operations staff - until ........

I split our lobby in half one winters day when there was plenty of sand in the carpet.

I vacuumed (had them vacuum actually) 1/2 with the back pack and the other 1/2 with the upright.

Then I went over each of the two just vacuumed areas with the OTHER vacuum.

No sound of sand being picked up by the upright - the back pack apparently got it all.

Lots of rattling in the back pack tho - apparently it was picking up stuff the upright had missed.

Lesson learned and operations staff convinced.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment